Strength circuit #2
I am posting these strength training circuits that I have developed for healthy clients who are done with rehab and are looking to boost their strength. Perform entire circuit 3 times, one set of 8-10 reps for each exercise, each time through the circuit. All circuits can be modified to perform in the gym or at home. Please contact me if you have questions about what an exercise is, how to perform it correctly, and if it is safe for you. Not every exercise is appropriate for everyone!
1) Lunges with handheld weights or bar
2) Pull ups on assisted machine or on a bar, if you can
3)Abdominals: (same as circuit 1):
1) 1st rotation: Double straight leg lowering–if this bothers your back, bend your knees to 90 degrees-10-30 reps
2) 2nd rotation: side plank 1 minute each side–if easy, lift top leg and hold, and/or perform a reverse fly with top arm
3) Prone on BOSU, arms in Y position, perform arm raises 20-30 reps
4) Frogger burpees to shoulder press
5) recover with 10-30 pushups
Where to find us
Points North Physical Therapy
435 Points North Rd.
Stowe, VT 05672
Phone: (203) 260-0215
Fax: (802) 264-8519