Strength circuit #1
I am posting these strength training circuits that I have developed for healthy clients who are done with rehab and are looking to boost their strength. Perform entire circuit 3 times, one set of 8-10 reps for each exercise, each time through the circuit. All circuits can be modified to perform in the gym or at home. Please contact me if you have questions about what an exercise is, how to perform it correctly, and if it is safe for you. Not every exercise is appropriate for everyone!
1) squats with hand held weights or bar
2) back extension rack with reverse flys–use small handheld weights. At home, you can perform this exercise over a yoga ball.
3) Abdominals: here you are going to perform a different exercise for each rotation through the circuit. Perform 20-30 reps of each abdominal exercise:
1) 1st rotation: Plank with rows, no weight or small handheld weight, 20-30 reps
2) 2nd rotation: suitcase crunches with or without small weight or medicine ball, 20-30 rps
3) 3rd rotation: diagonal crunches or diagonal suitcase crunches, 20-30 reps
4) squat sidestep, with band or with cable column
5) flys with handheld weights
6) recover with 10-30 push ups
Where to find us
Points North Physical Therapy
435 Points North Rd.
Stowe, VT 05672
Phone: (203) 260-0215
Fax: (802) 264-8519