The Points North PT Scheduling/Late Cancellation/No-Show Policy
None of us are perfect, and that especially includes me. I have messed up my own schedule before and booked multiple clients at the same time as well as goofed up my own personal appointments, so I don’t expect my clients to be perfect either. Life happens and illnesses and emergencies come up. I do tend to book up quickly, and generally I am booked 2 to 3 weeks out, so I don’t often have same-day openings, or multiple openings in the same week. I do not charge a late cancellation/no-show fee because I’m all about getting people who need treatment in as soon as possible, as well as your responsibility to treat the clinic with respect. Throwing me $25 allows people to think that they can buy their way out of that responsibility, and does nothing to cover the inconvenience a late cancellation or a no-show causes. My policy is to do my best to be fair to everyone, so here it goes:
- Appointment times are scheduled on a first come, first served basis. No one owns a time slot on the schedule. People who are in the clinic are prioritized for scheduling.
- Points North PT is scheduling appointments over the phone and via email only. Any texts received that pertain to scheduling will be returned with a phone call at the end of the day.
- Follow up appointments are determined based on individual health status and needs. I try to schedule follow ups out of earshot of others or later in the day over the phone. If you realize that someone has been scheduled back in sooner than you are for a follow up, please do not be upset. It’s because their individual needs for treatment necessitate more frequent follow up. There are some very sick and badly injured clients in the clinic whose medical issues are not evident in their appearance. HIPAA privacy practices prevent me from discussing other clients with you.
- If you schedule an appointment and realize ahead of time that you have a conflict, no problem! I’ll do my best to reschedule you at a more convenient time for you, as close to the original appointment time as possible.
- If you call on the same day of your appointment to cancel or reschedule, rescheduling needs will be assessed on a case by case basis. If you’re sick, have sick kids, car trouble or some other urgent situation I will do my best to get you back in as soon as I can accommodate you. If you’re cancelling due to a powder day or an unexpected tennis match, then you probably are not in urgent need of PT, so you may have to wait a bit to get back in. And don’t even bother trying to lie in these situations and pretend to be sick—it’s a small town, and I’ll find out. A chronic habit of same day cancellations shows me that your life is too crazy for PT at this moment in time, and I will be forced to give your space on the schedule to someone in more urgent need.
- No shows piss me off. Again, life gets crazy and I’ve made mistakes on my schedule too. I’ll give you a free pass for one and get you back in as soon as everyone who shows up for their appointments has been accommodated. Repeat offenders have absolutely no respect for me, for my time, and for other clients on the schedule and will be scheduled back in when I have absolutely nothing better in my life to do. Or maybe not at all.
Where to find us
Points North Physical Therapy
435 Points North Rd.
Stowe, VT 05672
Phone: (203) 260-0215
Fax: (802) 264-8519